EASEL is hiring!
Written by Charlotte Maxwell
Posted on 11th December 2017
Easel is a social mobility initiative set up to help further equal opportunity and accessibility within the art industry and support and encourage people from all backgrounds to consider it a viable career choice.
This is an opportunity to work with a growing arts non-for-profit in its formative years. This non-exclusive consultancy is integral to the development of the company and will suit someone who has a passion for the arts, education and social mobility. You will report to the trustees to implement the company strategy and manage the day-to-day administration of the initiative.
Development Consultant – 1 year contract
The remit of the role includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Research local and regional exhibitions and keep the exhibition section of the website up to date.
- Keep the grants, news and blog pages current, sourcing and uploading fresh content.
- Undertake market research and add any functionality that would help Easel with its mission.
- Manage and develop social media accounts
- Establish contacts with the careers departments at universities and schools, offering Easel as a resource.
- Continue to sign up companies to the annual membership programme.
- Along with the founder, attend brand development meetings and implement any follow up.
- Continue to grow the mentorship platform, encouraging universities, institutions and individuals to register their employees.
- Develop the Online mentor training programme
- Alongside the trustees, organise the annual careers fair, helping to coordinate speakers, workshops, talks and attendees.
- Propose and organise fundraising events including charity auctions, launch party and other ad hoc mentor events.
- Research and complete fundraising applications
- Strong organizational skills
- A driven candidate who can work independently and show initiative.
- Remuneration: Competitive
- 3-4 days a week - flexible for the right candidate
- Expenses will be reimbursed
- Work from home
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will close on the 2nd February.