Art History in School: Part-time Administrator and marketing consultant
Written by Caroline Osbourne
Posted on 11th February 2018
This role will suit a candidate with website design and formatting skills and experience with database management. Ideally, you will have studied Art History and be passionate about the promoting and advertising the subject further through events and online communications. It is a flexible role where you will work from home and liaise with the trustees remotely.
PART TIME ADMINISTRATOR/MARKETING CONSULTANT: 2 days per week
The duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Update and maintain the website using Squarespace.
- Format/design and upload new teaching materials, event and programme details to the website
- Provide pdfs of programmes for direct mailings and display
- Organise web-based course bookings, events, donations pages and so forth using Eventbrite or similar
- Use twitter, Instagram, email and so forth to publicise and promote events
- Help teachers to shop the site
- Engage with educators and students across all social media (facebook group, twitter, Instagram and so forth) to create an online educational art history community
- Support and generate discussion among the facebook group
- Maintain the data base with AHiS’s schools contact details, in discussion with AHiS trustees
- Maintain accurate records of teachers available, students enrolled, schools partnered with, etc
- Market the course to primary, secondary schools, sixth form colleges and Further Education colleges informing them of the materials and courses, and helping them promote the programme of Art History to students
- Promote the programme of courses in discussion with AHiS Trustees and co-workers using a range of social media
- Maintain good relations between schools, freelance teachers and AHiS
- Ensure that freelance teachers invoice AHiS for fees owed them in accordance with each teacher’s agreement with AHiS, and that invoices are passed on to AHiS to be paid
- Keep an accurate record of money spent on teacher fees and related expenses, reporting regularly on expenditure to AHiS trustees
- Prepare a report on your work in advance of each trustees meeting
- Undertake any appropriate duties as may be reasonably required by AHiS trustees.
- Previous administrative or project management experience.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Art History Knowledge
Renumeration: £20,160 p.a pro rata (£8,064 for 2 days per week.) In the first month you will be working three days per week to get accustomed to the role, from then on it will be 2 days per week and ad hoc event work.
Please send a CV detailing two referees to email@example.com